vmware library problem

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 10 08:00:00 UTC 2006

Robin Becker wrote:
> I have built and installed vmware3 from a recent(3/Aug) cvsup'd ports
> # vmware
> Setting TMPDIR=/var/tmp.
> vmware-mks: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot
> vmware-ui: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot
>
> find indicates that the libraries are indeed present.
>

> # find / -name libX11.so\*

> Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong? What exactly should I be
> doing to get an XP machine image to run?

I fixed this by adding LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib to the
environment, but since I actually have a choice of

/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib

which should I actually use? For some reason even though I'm using a
fresh portupgraded system the libraries the two locations are not the same.
--
Robin Becker