Low-cost, FreeBSD-compatible notebook

John Kimble jkim364 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 22:12:45 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.

  I am looking into buying a cheap notebook computer (sub $800, the cheaper the better). I have been playing around with FreeBSD for the last few months and have decided to make it my sole OS, so I really want a notebook that's as FreeBSD-compatible as possible. I know ThinkPad's the best for Linux (I would expect the same for FreeBSD), but as they are a little out of my price range ;) I was wondering if you guys had some other suggestions.

  Many thanks!

  J Kim