(no subject)

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 15:31:11 UTC 2006

Gerard Seibert wrote:

> lp|bj8pa06n.upp;r=600x600;q=high;c=full;p=letter;m=raw:\
>     :lp=/dev/null:\
>     :if=/usr/local/etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter:\
>     :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
>     :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/log:\
>     :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
>     :mx#0:\
>     :sf:\
>     :sh:

Ummm... given that there's no 'rm' capability in this printcap I guess you
must be using Samba to communicate with the remote windows printer.  If so,
then that printcap looks fine.  Well, setting lp=/dev/null seems to cause
some complaints, but that should just be cosmetic.

I'd start looking for problems in the Samba setup.  Can you use smbclient to
connect to the printserver machine via Samba using the credentials you gave
in the apsfilter setup?  Does it show that you have access to the shared
printer there?

Double check the contents of /usr/local/etc/apsfilter/SETUP.cfg and the
apsfilterrc files in that directory and it's sub-directories.

Also, is there anything interesting in the log file /var/spool/lpd/lp/log ?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3
                                                      Kent, CT11 9PW