Downgrading a package?

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Tue Aug 8 13:50:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 04:37:17PM +0300, Yousef Raffah wrote:
> How can I downgrade a package in freebsd? I'm having a server (luckily
> not a production one) running postfix+amavisd-new+clamav and after the
> portupgrade -a amavis is failing saying:
>
> run_command: child process [4331]: Error closing main::stdin: Bad file
> descriptor at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 1872.\n
> TROUBLE in check_mail: parts_decode_ext FAILED: parsing file(1) results
> - missing last 1 results at (eval 62) line 154.
>
> googling for the error, it seems like it is an issue with Net::Server
> http://www.freespamfilter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=236
>
> What is the normal way of downgrading packages in FreeBSD?

Believe it or not, the port you want is sysutils/portdowngrade, and it
does a fine job.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key: http://www.slightlystrange.org/pgpkey-dan.asc
PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \