Portsnap && CVSup

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Tue Aug 8 12:40:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 07:22:11AM -0400, Anthony Agelastos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am wondering how well Portsnap plays with CVSup. As an example,
> let's say that I accidentally deleted a Port folder (/usr/ports/print/
> hplip as an example), I assume the best way of bringing it back would
> be CVSup and not Portsnap. Is this thinking correct? After using
> CVSup, is there anything that I need to do to for Portsnap to know
> what else has been updated? Any information on this is greatly
> appreciated. Thank you.

Probably the easiest way out of this is to

 # portsnap extract print/hplip

and not use cvsup at all.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key: http://www.slightlystrange.org/pgpkey-dan.asc
PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \