SAMBA as Domain Controller on FreeBSD 6.1

Jahilliya jahilliya at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 01:39:21 UTC 2006

On 8/7/06, James G. Corteciano <james at bsdmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> Good Day!
>
> I am using FreeBSD 6.1/6.x version of Operating System. I plan to
> switch my existing PDC Win2k Advanced server to FreeBSD with the
> power of Samba. Anybody may I know of how would you setup SAMBA as
> PDC in FreeBSD 6.x? I know this is not good question for asking HOWTO
> but the good procedures and right samba configurations might lead me
> up during installation process.
>
> I am hoping for your kind consideration and favorable response.
>
> Great many thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> James G. Corteciano

Hey,

After playing with Samba through the years, reading tidbits of documentation
and howto's, nothing compares to the documentation in the Official Samba
Howto. I was having plenty of problems and decided to have a look in this
book, before I did anything more with Samba I simply read it from start to
finish (only skipping the sections relating to Active Directory due to it
being expiremental and likely to change, and I wanted something stable and
tested well).

So, read the Official Samba Howto:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/
It's the best.