BSDstats Project v2.0 ...

Antony Mawer fbsd-questions at mawer.org
Mon Aug 7 23:32:44 UTC 2006

On 8/08/2006 7:17 AM, Chris wrote:
> After the install, better documentation might be add. Meaning, it needs
> to be defined that the 2 lines
>
> To enable the port, edit or create /etc/periodic.conf and add this line:
>         monthly_statistics_enable=yes
>
> To enable device reporting, add this line:
>         monthly_statistics_report_devices=yes

Why not tackle this in a similar manner to the Postfix port - after
installing (provided we're not in a non-interactive build), we prompt:

     Do you wish to activate stats reporting in /etc/periodic.conf [n]? y
     Do you wish to report your installed hardware?
     Would you like to submit your systems stats now?

or something along those lines. This would make it much easier than
people installing the port and neglecting to set the appropriate lines,
effectively achieving nil ;-)

-Antony