BSDstats Project v2.0 ...

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Aug 7 21:17:51 UTC 2006

Bill Moran wrote:

>> For those of us who can't read minds, what's the port to install, and
>> the website where we can view the stats? :)
>
> As a side track on this, it'd be nice if the port installation message
> said something like "got to http://bsdstats.hub.org to see current stats"

I agree - another note:

After the install, better documentation might be add. Meaning, it needs
to be defined that the 2 lines

To enable the port, edit or create /etc/periodic.conf and add this line:
        monthly_statistics_enable=yes

To enable device reporting, add this line:

        monthly_statistics_report_devices=yes

Should reflect the proper location:

/etc/rc.conf - assuming the knobs are needed here.

--
Best regards,
Chris

The most valuable quotation will be the one for which
you cannot determine the source.