Gotta start somewhere ... how many of us are really out there?

User Freebsd freebsd at hub.org
Thu Aug 3 04:25:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:

> Let me say it again.  There are three problems we are trying to
> solve.
>
> a. Bandwidth.

Bandwidth, IMHO, isn't that big of an issue ... the ramp up time for this,
IMHO, will be slow, so the bandwidth usage will be a gradual increase ...

> b. Duplicates.

Ted seems to have this covered with the CPU ID thing ...

> c. Fakery.

IMHO, not a *really* big issue ... I could see someone bothering to do it
once or twice, but seems to be "alot of work for little gain" ...

The main problem that I see is finding a method of doing this that a
majority of ppl can agree with ... and then convincing Core of the merits,
a group that hasn't even voiced an opinion in this conversation yet ... :(

Without Core endorsement, this whole thing is a still birth, unfortunately

----