anyone have any luck on installing FreeBSD on a SATA drive on an Adaptec 1205SA card?

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 13:56:19 UTC 2006

I got this thinking adaptec would make their own chip, turns out it is
a SiL 3112 (I got it to hopefully end the issues I was having with the
SiL 2114 on my motherboard, turns out I just ended up with more).

Anyway, while this new chip fixed the issues of write errors in
windows, BSD cannot boot with the card installed, except in safe mode,
and even then the installer hanges at random intervals. Any fix
suggestions?

The motherboard is an ABit NF7-S. The drive is a Seagate and was used
for a FreeBSD install on an ASUS A8N-E motherboard, quite
successfully.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton