iir(4) driver (Was: Re: Safe card to replace for ICP Vortex GDT851...)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue Aug 1 17:51:47 UTC 2006

On Aug 1, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Scott Long wrote:

> Second, various Adaptec sources have confirmed that they do support
> FreeBSD.

There are new drivers for the 22300SLP for example (though one person
replied to me privately and said they crash all the time).  However,
what they claim as support is not really support.  There is no
updated driver for older 2200s family cards, no updated management
apps, no management apps for new cards (2230SLP has a driver from
Adaptec, but no management or reporting app which makes it almost
useless)...

When you call Adaptec and tell them you are on FreeBSD, even if the
issue is in their firmware, they don't want to talk to you (though
they often still will -- my issue a year or two ago they did work on
after telling me it wasn't supported)...

Best regards
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC