RAID Repair

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 16:09:09 UTC 2006

On 7/31/06, Justin <justin at pcmedicsite.com> wrote:

> My question is:  Is there a way to scan the RAID, and recover the NTFS
> partition?  I've Google'd, but only come up with half results claiming that
> a "dd" script can be written, reading 64K chunks off of each drive and
> rebuilding a complete image.  I also have a 250GB HDD on a separate
> controller that is currently blank where I can rebuild this image if needed.

In my opinion you are pretty much out of luck. Sure, it might be
possible to write a dd script that can put the chunks back togeather
onto a new volume. But the amount of work it would take almost always
exceeds the value of the data you are trying to recover.

Have you tried swapping the drive positions? 0->1, 1->0.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--