Safe card to replace for ICP Vortex GDT8514RZ ...

Christian Brueffer brueffer at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 1 08:01:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:49:27PM -0300, User Freebsd wrote:

> I have a remote server, running the above RAID controller, that, as most
> ppl here have seen over the past few weeks, is causing endless headaches
>
> Official word from Adaptec is that FreeBSD is no longer a supported
> platform, so, I either live with the deadlocks, or try and figure out a
> suitable replacement for the card ...
>
> So, can anyone recommend a card to replace this with?  Its a remote
> server, so I'm looking for something that will be plug-n-play, same slot
> that the GDT is in ... I realize that I'll have to reformat the server
> afterwards ...

I contacted Achim Leubner not long ago, about wheather he still
maintains and supports the iir(4) driver, as claimed in the SEE ALSO
section of the manpage.  His answer was yes.

That all I know.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org