Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Aug 1 03:41:23 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Born, Clinton" <Clinton.Born at dig.com>
To: "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad at shire.net>; "Born, Clinton"
<Clinton.Born at dig.com>
Cc: "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com>; "FreeBSD Questions"
<freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:11 PM
Subject: RE: Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

> Please explain? Because I like people to have an objective view when it
> comes to making technology decisions.

Then start with yourself.  You don't have an objective view.

> We've made bad technology work,
> and I've seen free software cost more than the most expensive Microsoft
> license.

Yeah right.  Maybe if you started discussing specific examples we might
believe you, until then your just another parlor windbag.

> Too many variables are involved and anyone evangelizing a
> single system should be viewed with skepticism.

And as I asked before, why are you pounding the drum for Microsoft since
they evangelize a single system - theirs?

> Is this what you mean
> buy out of touch?

by, not buy, although freudian slip there since buy is the word for this
discussion.

Ted