MySQL Signal 10 on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-P6

Erik Kristensen erik at erikkristensen.com
Tue Aug 1 01:51:53 UTC 2006

Thanks for the reply. I apologize, I should have been more clear with my
first paragraph in my email. I have found several other somewhat similar
problems with MySQL on FreeBSD 6.0 but with the MySQL 4.1.x series.

Nothing in the Bug report you suggested bears much resemblance at first
glance. I originally thought this was a too many connections for the
server (physical server) problem, so I dropped the max connections to 20
and still got a signal 10. I also played with other numbers as the max
connections but no matter what about once an hour a SIGBUS error would
appear.

I have enabled --log and --core-file on my mysql server and I am trying
to determine if a specific query is causing the problem, however I
highly doubt this. Hopefully when it crashes the core file will be able
to shed some light on the problem at hand.

Just as I was typing I had tail running on the log file and error log
files and I caught a signal 10, at the time there was no query that
stood out that hadn't been queried previously. If you like I could send
the queries that preceded the signal 10, but I doubt they will do any
good. There are 4 queries and about 25 quits, in the minute leading up
to the crash.

I do have a core dump file and I am attempting to gather information,
however my knowledge on inspecting core dumps is limited, I am willing
to host the file somewhere if you care to look at it to help determine
the cause.

Many thanks.

Regards,
-Erik