Sendmail Compile-Time Configuration - Success

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Sun Apr 30 05:56:46 UTC 2006

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> That would be `/etc/make.conf'.
>

> No, you probably want something similar to the way SASL2 support is
> compiled into the base-system version of Sendmail.  In my `make.conf'
> I have the following:
>
>     SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=        -I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
>     SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=       -L/usr/local/lib
>     SENDMAIL_LDADD=         -lsasl2
>
> While adding stuff to these variables please keep in mind that GCC on
> FreeBSD has a major difference from the default GCC behavior: it does *not*
> add /usr/local/include to the default include path or /usr/local/lib to the
> default library search path.  So you will have to add them yourself, as
> shown above.
>
> - Giorgos

Hi,

Thank you Giorgos, this is the right direction.
Your example was most fortuitous, maybe even
prescient. ;)

LDAP support in Sendmail requires that SASL
support also be built in.

My /etc/make.conf now contains

SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=        -I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2 -DLDAPMAP
SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=       -L/usr/local/lib
SENDMAIL_LDADD=         -lsasl2 -lldap -llber

sendmail -d0.1 -bt now includes LDAPMAP and USE_LDAP_INIT

Thanks for your help.

Respectfully,

Duane Whitty
duane at greenmeadow.ca