Antivirus to scan files before going onto a Windows machine: clamav?

Michael Stevens mstevens at etla.org
Sat Apr 29 15:42:12 UTC 2006

Jim Stapleton wrote:
> Anyone have experience with ClamAV? Good, Bad, Ugly?
>
> Should I use something else, or is the only good alternative
> pay/expensive (such as avast)?
> Am I better at leaving the antivirus stuff to the Windows machine
> (which has McAfee Enterprise)?

I've used it for a few years, primarily for mail filtering. I had a few
problems with crashes a couple of years ago, but its been very stable since.

I haven't noticed any false positives - I don't actually run any windows
systems or feed them, so I wouldn't have noticed the false negatives if
they occur.

Michael