scripting languages...

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Fri Apr 28 00:15:17 UTC 2006

To get back to the original question, I think there's one crucial part:
libraries. Or modules, or function sets or whatever they're called in [ pick
language ] sphere.

It's the extra stuff that you can easily add or import which makes a language
worth while, whether it's interpreted or not. That's whjat defines how much
functionality it has for you.

Now for scripting languages I'd say perl (if you like) or python (if you like,
I do) or perhaps ruby (if you like), as all have a lot of libraries/modules
you can easily incorporate and build upon.

If all you're going to do is shell stuff, then I'd say you should use portable
sh scripting and nothing else. Or one higher level scripting language (by
preference), but not a "shell-plus". Like bash...

Or if you really want C syntax , use C ;-)

IMHO,

Dan