[SOLUTION] Re: How to create a .la file?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Apr 27 02:51:05 UTC 2006

On 22 Apr 2006 08:48:19 -0400
Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> writes:
>
> > On 20 Apr 2006 10:45:48 -0400
> > Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
>
> > > You do *not* need the libXcursor *port*, because xorg-libraries will
> > > install the Xcursor library.
> >
> > I agree too. But the build process of gimp and others seem to need it :)
>
> Not for me.
>
> > > You didn't mention houw you were trying to do your upgrade, or what
> > > vintage your other ports were, so this is probably the most complete
> > > advice we can give on the information you have provided.
> >
> > portugrade -pP ...
>
> '-R' might be the missing incantation.  Or maybe you just missed the
> UPDATING entry about the libtool changes.

I moved all the packages in /usr/ports/packages/All out of the way

I run

sudo nice portupgrade -fRp gimp

it rebuilt 50 something out of 69 dependencies. It failed on gtk2, which I
rebuilt by hand (portupgrade -fp gtk-2) . I then rebuilt by hand the remaining
ports that seemed libraries and related to gimp (i.e., no point rebuilding
firefox).
after this, i upgraded gimp with NO problem at all :)

thnks for the pointer! (I was sure I had rebuild everything when the libtool
change had happened...obviously not)

Beto