Problem installing FreeBSD 6.0

User Gandalf gandalf at messias.qhigh.com
Wed Apr 26 10:34:11 UTC 2006

  Hello,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.0 on a regular x86 PC. I'm using the
official install disk. It tells me that there are no CD/DVD drives are
detected. I have a Pioneer DVD writer (DVR-110D). That has ATAPI
interface and I booted the installer from it... I also tried to install
the system using a passive ftp connection. It start downloading the base
distribution, and I get messages like:

pid 125 (cpio), uid 0 inumber 514 on /: out of inodes

Unfortunately, I cannot run any commands on the emergency terminal
because there are no commands to execute at all.

Can you help me please?

   Laci