account maintenance and verification ( Your account is suspended )

jekillen jekillen at prodigy.net
Wed Apr 26 06:01:27 UTC 2006

On Apr 25, 2006, at 7:04 PM, wc_fbsd at xxiii.com wrote:

> WHY does this mailing list allow non-subscribed addresses to post
> ?!?!?!?!?
>
> At 08:38 PM 4/25/2006, Some Low Life Spammer / Scammer wrote:
>>    PayPal Security Measures!
>>    In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your
Worse yet, this is phishing e-mail, I.E. FRAUDULENT
I have been getting this sort of stuff on a regular basis. I copied an
e-mail and it's
raw source and sent it to the real PayPal site to report it and when I
finished
a phony modal dialog message came up stating server requires
authentication.
Great if I fell for it some one would have access to my e-mail account.
I dismissed
the dialog and nothing happened, my e-mail went through without
problems.
I have no idea how this is done. But someone must be tapping traffic to
the
Pay Pal site and slipping in the code to produce this dialog.
I agree this shouldn't be showing up on this list