When 5.5-stable?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Apr 24 22:31:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 03:20:19PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	About a week ago I finally upgraded my DNS server from 5.3-S
> 	to 5.5.  I see that I still caught a -prerelease" kernel.
> 	Any ETA of when 5.5 will be -stable?   (Most of my other
> 	FBSD server can be not quite//less than stable.  But if my
> 	DNS srver bites the dust,  .... )

No-one is really working on back-porting changes to 5.5, so what you
see now is likely to be almost identical to what you'll get as
5.5-release.

> 	Also, is 5.5 the LAST of the 5's?

Yes, development of the branch is effectively ended since the world
has moved on to 6.x.  The only reason 5.5 was released was to batch up
some of the changes made since 5.4, mostly made last year.

Kris