availability of distfiles

Peter petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 24 21:41:51 UTC 2006

Hi.  I have a question regarding how distfiles become available to the
ports tree.  For example, on freshports it says that a version is
available (since March 28) for a given port.  When I attempt to install
the port ("make install clean") I see that FreeBSD is trying to find
the distfile for the same version but it fails.  When I manually take a
look at the distfile location the version indeed does not exist.  So
how can this happen?