Freebsd6.0 and postgresql

polinsky at acm.org polinsky at acm.org
Mon Apr 24 13:24:28 UTC 2006

I have an important database comprised of about 380 tables and several gigs of space currently running on Posgresql 7.4. and Freebsd 6.0. I have been contemplating moving the database to the 8 series, possibly postgresql 8.1. I would have no problem in dumping the data, recreating the tables under 8.1, if requried, and then re-loading the data. I have been concerned about the seeming lack of interfaces to the 8 series. I have the perly, pythopn, ruby and odbc sources installed for postgresql 7.4. I have not seen similar dirvers for the 8 series in the ports system. Can I continue to use the same drivers with the new database or will I experience some other problems?

thank yo very much

Alan Polinsky