Trunking connections

Michael Landin Hostbaek mich at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 24 09:40:58 UTC 2006

Bill Moran (wmoran) writes:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:19:36 +0200
> Michael Landin Hostbaek <mich at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

> > I've got a FreeBSD firewall/gateway with three interfaces..
>
> The canonical way to do this is with bgp.  There are bgp implementations
> available for FreeBSD.  The hard part will be getting the two ISPs to
> agree to set up BGP on their end.

Heh. Yeah I doubt that'll fly..

I think I'll settle on piping specific traffic through each interface,
and in addition have a small shell script in cron, that will check that
the two interfaces are up and running.. if one should go down, route all
traffic through the working one.. Not pretty but it should do the trick.

/mich