port building & linking

ph rhole oper slitbit at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 23 01:16:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:26:28 +0400, "Andrew Pantyukhin"
<infofarmer at gmail.com> said:
> On 4/21/06, ph rhole oper <slitbit at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > I need to build a port (mail/cyrus-imapd23) and add support for the
> > mit-kerberos implementation to it.
> > It needs to link to the -lkrb5 library.There are two libkrb5*.so in my
> > system:
> > the heimdal one (/usr/lib/libkrb5*.so) and the mit one
> > (/usr/local/lib/libkrb5*.so).
> > The configure script, searching for -lkrb5, finds /usr/lib/libkrb5.so
> > first, and links to the heimdal implementation.
> > Is there any way i can force it to only link against
> > /usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so?I need the mit implementation.
> >

> > simon.
> >
> > --
> > http://www.fastmail.fm - Access your email from home and the web

> Are you talking about cyrus-imapd or cyrus-sasl? cyrus-sasl
cyrus-imapd23
> has some options in its Makefile, like KRB5_HOME.
interesting option but i didnt see anything like this for cyrus-imapd.I
solved the problem with a rather drastic way though:
cd /usr/lib && for i in *krb5* *com_err* *gss*;do mv -v $i
heimdal.$i;done && ldconfig -R && export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib
-lkrb5
-lkrb5support -lcom_err -lgssapi" && cd /usr/ports/cyrus-imapd23/ &&
make install
just temporarily to force it use the /usr/local/lib/* libraries.

simon.

                          or over the web