Question about COM port

Bret J Esquivel bret at immense.net
Sat Apr 22 16:50:28 UTC 2006

What version of FreeBSD are you using?

The DKU-5 utilizes an FTDI chip (RS232 -> USB). This is a snippet from
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/3rdPartyDrivers.htm#FreeBSD

Free BSD version 4.8 and greater contains the uftdi driver which
provides built-in support for FT8U232AM and FT8U245AM based
peripherals.  For further details please refer to
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=uftdi&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+4.7-stable.

Free BSD version 6 will support the FT2232C device.  Free BSD version
5 will also support the FT2232C device with a patch.

I hope this helps.

--
Bret J. Esquivel
Immense Networks LLC