pf problem with table

Reinhold Platzoeder freebsd at violetlan.net
Thu Apr 20 10:23:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:21:40 +0200
peter at bgnett.no (Peter N. M. Hansteen) wrote:

> Reinhold Platzoeder <freebsd at violetlan.net> writes:
>
> > My problem looks like the file is to big to be loaded into pf
> > My firewall stops responding when the file has about 7000 IPs in it
> > The old file has 104450 IPs in it and I would like to block them
>
> You could try manipulating the table entries limits, ie
>
> set limit table-entries 150000
>
> in your pf.conf would set the upper limit for number of entries in a
> table to 150000.

Hi

When I add this option I get a Syntax error
I have added it like this
set limit table-entries 150000
and then i tried
set limit { states 10000, frags 5000, table-entries 150000 }

both times I get
pfctl: Bad pool name.
/etc/pf.conf:25: unable to set limit table-entries 150000
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded

I also tried lowering the number with no success

--
Reinhold Platzoeder

reinhold at violetlan.net
reinhold at webmail.co.za