How do uninstall a package and all it's dependencies ?

Beech Rintoul beech at mangohealth.org
Thu Apr 20 04:40:14 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 19:23, Low Kian Seong wrote:
> The problem about the -R option is that normally that takes off stuff like
> xorg-server and friends too ! Really not nice, or am I doing something
> wrong ?

Add the -i flag. From the man:

-i
 --interactive     Request confirmation before attempting to delete each
                         package, regardless whether or not the standard input
                         device is a terminal.

A little more hands on, but it'll keep you from nuking something you want to
keep.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at mangohealth.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Mangohealth
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - XanGo - http://www.mangohealth.org