/boot at beginning of drive

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Apr 17 10:44:43 UTC 2006

On 2006-04-17 06:21, Brendan Grossman wrote:
>Beech Rintoul [mailto:beech at mangohealth.org] wrote:

>>> They will have unlimited access up until their quota has
>> been reached.
>>> Where they use that quota is anyone's guess.

>>> How does that work? I just checked /tmp, and it's not a symlink.
>>
>> Copy the contents of /tmp to /usr/tmp then remove /tmp and
>> symlink /usr/tmp to /tmp.
>
> Yes, may I ask what the point is though?
>
> Here is my reason for separating /tmp and mounting it noexec,nosuid:
>
> http://www.sagonet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2852

You should also take a look at the following rc.conf options then:

     tmpmfs="AUTO"           # Set to YES to always create an mfs /tmp, NO to never
     tmpsize="20m"           # Size of mfs /tmp if created
     tmpmfs_flags="-S -M"    # Extra mdmfs options for the mfs /tmp

If you have enough swap space, there's no need to worry too much about
making a separate /tmp partition.  Just set:

     tmpmfs="YES"
     tmpsize="100m"
     tmpmfs_flags="-S -M -o noexec,nosuid"

Note the -o option in `tmpmfs_flags'.