wifi ath

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Apr 16 15:34:59 UTC 2006

On 16 Apr Patrick Bowen wrote:
> dick hoogendijk wrote:
>
> >Bought a WiFi D-Link with atheros chipset.
> >Any pitfalls?
> >What options exactly do I need to have my ath based wifi card up and
> >running?
> >
> Test the card with "kldload if_ath" as root, then ifconfig and dhcp,
> before you re-compile the kernel. If that works then you can just  add
> the modules at startup. Saves time recompiling.

True. Thanks for your suggestion.
On the other hand I will recompile non the less, because I will upgrade
from 6.0 to 6.1. So I will look at the messages from kldload to see what's
needed in the kernel ;-) ??

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 +++ The Power to Serve