Improving kde perfomance...

Paulino Calderon paulino.calderon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 17:14:19 UTC 2006

Hey folks, Ive been googling about howto improve kde perfomance, i ve always
used fluxbox as my wm but recently I got a new laptop, it has a 3.2 ghz
processor, 1 gb of ram, and an ati mobility radeon x600 wiith 256 mb of
video meomry so I decided to try kde but so far the perfomance has benn
really poor, cpu usage is always between 20-25% eventhough im not doing
anything, most apps takes between 5 and 10 seconds to start, and even the
mouse pointer feels like it gets stuck when i move it too fast, is this as
fast as it gets for kde? or do you guys think there is osmething wrong with
my installation? I instaleld it via ports by the way.

Thanks for your help.