ipfw

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Apr 15 15:33:11 UTC 2006

nirvana - Cityshells.NET wrote:

>Hello,
>when i type ipfw show/list i got this error msg
>ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available
>
>how i can let ipfw work.
>Thanks

Your machine is not running ipfw.  In order to do so,
you must either compile support into the kernel (older
releases), or load the KLM (Kernel Loadable Module)
for ipfw.

Since you don't mention your version (`uname -a`), I
can't guess what you'll need to do.  Try this as root:

$ kldload ipfw.ko

   and see if it fixes your problem.

See the firewalls section of the FreeBSD handbook for
more information.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--
	And what will you do when you grow up to be as big as me?
asked the father of his little son.