quick solution?

Kris Anderson ciscoaix at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 03:10:39 UTC 2006

--- jekillen <jekillen at prodigy.net> wrote:

> Hi all;
> I had a blackout occur and the server I'm running
> overran the ups
> support before I could get to it to shut it down
> cleanly.
> It has been restarted but now my MySQL server
> complains that it can't
> connect through mysql.sock. Being impatient
> and lazy, I'm wondering if there is a quick
> solution. Or should I grit
> my teeth and RTFM?
> I'm running FreeBSD v6.0 (as to why I'm querying
> this list).
> Is there a utility for a general inspection of the
> system and software?
> Thanks for any helpful replies.
> JK
RTFM, but...
Occasionally I get odd things happening, things not
starting up even though rc.conf has the right
information. Try starting by hand using the script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d
If it doesn't start that way, then run the command
that actually starts mysql and see if it complains
about something missing.