portsnap question

Adam Stroud adam at thegeeklord.com
Fri Apr 14 12:54:50 UTC 2006

I have a question on what the handbook says about portsnap.  According
to the handbook:

"Adding the following line to /etc/crontab will cause portsnap to update
its compressed snapshot and the INDEX files in /usr/ports/, and will
send an email if any installed ports are out of date:

0 3 * * * root portsnap -I cron update && pkg_version -vIL="

My question is what part of that crontab entry sends an email?  Is it a
function of cron, because I didnt see any reference to an email getting
sent in the portsnap or pkg_version man page.

Thanks