Problem regarding Samaba-automonts.

Jostein Kjønigsen jostein at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 00:20:19 UTC 2006

Hi!

I got a question regarding samba automounting in FreeBSD. I'm running
FreeBSD 6.0 and have Samba3 installed.

Manual mounting works fine, but I do need to enter a password. This is
regardless if its a specific mount or mounting a /etc/fstab entry.

As far as I've understood things, to get automounting working properly
(w/o the password request) I need to enter a few entris in
/etc/nsmb.conf. And so I've done.

If I use lowercase letters for the[COMPUTERNAME] and
[COMPUTERNAME:USERNAME] section, it just gets ignored.

If I use all uppercase, I get "syserror: connection reset by peer".

I've tried a few combinations of various /etc/fstab capitalization and
/etc/nsmb.conf capitalizations, but to no avail. Either i get
"connection reset by peer", or I get a request for the password.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what may be
wrong or what I am doing wrong here, because I'm pretty much stuck.

Oh. And great work. FreeBSD is my favorite *nix OS.

--
Jostein @ gmail.com

When the going gets tough, the tough gets duct-tape.