stop/start services

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 19:32:46 UTC 2006

eoghan wrote:

> I asked a question about stopping/starting tomcat, but I suppose I didnt
> ask it right.
> What I should have asked is:
> How do I stop/start services that I have enabled in my rc.conf, such as
> mysql, tomcat etc. I have tried from my rc.d/ with tomcat but it will
> not work for me...

Like this:

    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat.sh start

If that doesn't print out anything then double check what's in /etc/rc.conf
If the service apparently starts up, but then you find it's not running
a few seconds later, then check any log files that application uses -- it's
quite often the case that there's a configuration fubar somewhere that is
causing the service to give up.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3