Faking multiple physical adapters for DHCPDISCOVER

Terrence Koeman root at mediamonks.net
Wed Apr 12 17:09:00 UTC 2006

prevent people from claiming multiple static IPs from a single machine.

> If you're not happy with their AUP, use another provider, or pay for a
dedicated IP allocation of whatever size you need.

> --
> -Chuck

That's not the case here, I'm actually trying to use less IP's. And besides
that my ISP allows up to 16 IP's to be used in their AUP.

I have about 5 clients that can share 1 IP with NAT and I have 2 other
clients that need to have an IP of their own.

If I can have all IP's bound to the server then I can simply NAT the 5
clients and static-NAT the remaining 2. Otherwise I'd need to bridge/route
and do NAT at the same time, which is not possible here, because then the 5
NAT-ed clients would need to get their IP's from the local DHCP server and
the 2 bridged clients would need to get them from the ISP DHCP server. I
could block DHCP from being bridged and do DHCP proxying for the other 2
clients, but it'd make it all much more complicated.

--
Regards,
Terrence Koeman

MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.com)
Please quote all replies in correspondence.