Wanted: Flash player for <browser_of_choice>....

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Apr 12 15:04:52 UTC 2006

Ashley Moran wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 02:37, Eric Schuele wrote:
>> Either way... I hope somehow they see fit to loosen the language a bit
>> in the future.
>
> Can't we petition Adobe somehow?  I'm a bit stuck now - my company's main
> application is written in Flash!

Petition?  How about we sue them?  How can a vendor dictate what
platform they allow their software to run on?  Just because they
designed it for some other OS doesn't mean, if I can figure out a way to
make it work, that they can tell me I can't run it on that platform.

I'm not a lawyer either, but frankly I think their EULA is unenforceable
and their attitude ought to cost them customers.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer