How to handle 'local' ports/packages?

freebsd-questions at auscert.org.au freebsd-questions at auscert.org.au
Thu Apr 6 11:03:58 UTC 2006

> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 01:35, freebsd-questions at auscert.org.au wrote:
>
> > to the +CONTENTS file for the package, but then portmanager complains that
> > it is nonexistent and won't complete 'portmanager -s'. To make matters
> > more awkward, this package is built from a closed-source binary
> > distribution and thus can't be properly ported, so I can't set it up
> > properly.
>
> A port does not have to be built from source, there are several (maybe many)
> closed-source packages in the ports-tree, for example:
>
> archivers/rar
> mail/mulberry
> x11/nvidia-driver

Ok, that's fine, but how can I have a port on my system that isn't in the
ports tree available to the world? I mean, won't anything I add to my local
tree be deleted by cvsup'ing?

joel
-- Joel Hatton --
Infrastructure Manager              | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland        | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                  | Email:   auscert at auscert.org.au