memory slot info

Simon Gray SimonG at identrica.com
Wed Apr 5 03:07:23 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I have a freebsd server co-located (twin p3 1ghz) running fbsd 5.3, it
runs fine. I'm looking to add an extra gig of ram to it taking it to
2gig. The motherboard is a Tyan LE (S2510)

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderle.html

My question is - Without opening up the box, does anybody know of any
tools or anyway to find out what dimm slots are in use? E.g. if would be
helpful to know whether the box is using 2 out of the the 4 dimm slots
or 3 out of the 4 slots. (Basically I need to find out if I can get away
with buying 2x 512meg dims or a single 1024 meg dimm.)

I don't have physical access to the box either - otherwise I could
reboot and run memtestx86 or something similar

Any ideas/suggestions?