Root on vinum volume on freebsd6.0/sparc64

Stephan Zaubzer stephan.zaubzer at schendl.at
Mon Apr 3 08:42:59 UTC 2006

Hi!
Is here a way to place the root partition of freebsd in a mirrored vinum
volume? I have read tutorials which explain the procedure in more or
less detail, but all the tutorials seem to deal with the x86 version.
For example the tutorials assume that freebsd is installed on a slice
and that the first 8 sectors of this slice contain the bootstrap. And it
tells you to move some partitions a few sectors.
On sparc64 I did neither succeed to create overlapping partitions nor is
there the possibility to shift a partition a few sectors (to leave space
for the vinum configuration data). Has anyone experience with a root
partition on a vinum volume on sparc64?
Regards
Stephan