Filesystem layout with sperated /boot partition

valentin_nils at be-known-online.com valentin_nils at be-known-online.com
Mon Apr 3 06:16:11 UTC 2006

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  I have now a better understanding whats possible with
FreeBSD. One question (last one) which I could not find an answer to in the
online manual is :

How would you do a Dual or multi OS boot machine f.e. with Windows on
the first
disk, first slice, first partition and FreeBSD on another partition ?

Would I need a boot floppy or perhaps its not possible at all ?

Best regards

Nils Valentin

http://www.be-known-online.com