hunting for secure fileserver-connection!
No at SPAM at mgEDV.net
nospam at mgedv.net
Sun Apr 2 18:41:34 UTC 2006
hi 2 all gurus!
- freebsd-fileserver with encrypted HDD's (GELI) (1.5TB)
- windows (sorry for that, it's a requirement) as client
- securely mount shared filesystems from the server from
the windows client w/o being open to sniffers/network
hacks (non-weak encryption required)
- files should be accessible like with windows-fileserver
shares through UNC and/or drive-name(s)
- server and clients should share the same network. (no
- authentication should be done against local defined users
what we don't want:
- VPN/IPSEC/... between the hosts
we've been looking on solutions like secure nfs over tcp,
samba, etc... but except making it slower, there have been
no real good solutions until yet.
anybody out there, who has a good advice on that?
br & cu...
ps: i know it's crazy, but it should be possible, nope?
More information about the freebsd-questions