Saving in MAILDIR format with Sendmail

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Apr 1 14:29:06 UTC 2006

I presently have Sendmail as my MTA. The mail in /var/mail is in MBOX
format. I wanted to change it to MAILDIR format.

1) Is it possible for Sendmail to save in MAILBOX format directly?

2) If not, can ProcMail be used in this scenario? If so, how would I
configure it? I Googled and noticed something about ending directory
paths in '/' but I did not really understand what it was referring to.

3) If someone has a better solution, I would love to hear it.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

PGP: http://www.seibercom.net/sig/gerard.asc