Sharing /usr/ports

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:03:10 PDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Robert Marella <rmarella at gmail.com> wrote:
> :
>
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:35:38 +0400
> "Andrew P." <infofarmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/28/05, Robert Marella <rmarella at gmail.com> wrote:
> <clip>
>
> > > I have one question. Is there an easy way to keep
> > > the /usr/ports/packages/All directory clean?
> > >
> <clip>
> > >
> > > The old packages can start to take up a lot of space.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Robert
> > >

> > Glad to be helpful, Robert!
> >
> > Sure, there's an easy way, just run
> > # portsclean -P
> > and all your outdated packages are gone. "man
> > portsclean" for details.
> >
> > Cheerz,
> > Andrew P.
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I could while away the hours
> Conferrin' with the flowers
> Consultin' with the rain
> And my head, I'd be scratchin'
> While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
> If I only had a brain.
>
> In my nightly cvsup I actually do a portsclean -CD.
>
> Mea Culpa
>
> Thanks again
>
> Robert

Should we send-pr for starting a freebsd-poetry mailing
list? :-)

You know, I actually think that it's better to send a dumb
question to freebsd-questions, than to RTFM. Know why?

1. Well, it's a pleasure for a nooby guy (like me) to find out
that he can actually help someone.

2. It's a pleasure for anyone to be given a good answer
instead of (probably more appropriate) reprimand. It also
makes this anyone think about subscribing and trying to
help others.

3. It makes us all able to say that in the absence of official
(commercial) vendor support, FreeBSD has a much more
efficient way of solving your problems, even without
investing your time into reading tomes of docs and manpages.

Have a great night,
Andrew P.