portaudit question.....

Wright Jim Contractor 14MDSS/SGSI jim.wright.ctr at columbus.af.mil
Wed Sep 28 13:07:49 PDT 2005

To keep the story short:

I'm using version FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #6: Thu Aug 25 09:12:43 CDT 2005;
pasted from the dmesg.boot file.

To the best of my knowledge, I'm using CVSup, pkgdb -F, and portupgrade
commands correctly.

But, I'm pretty sure I'm still overlooking and/or leaving something out.

I just discovered the portaudit command and ran it against my system.

It comes up with 15 items that need to be upgraded or deinstalled.

For this question I'll use Mozilla.

The version it reports is Mozilla-1.7.7,2.

When I go to http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html
<http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html>  and do a search for Mozilla, I
find that Mozilla-1.7.12,2 is the latest (stable) version.

I guess my question is this.

How do I use the FreeBSD tools, Ports/Packages, etc, to install this latest
version??

Or am I missing the concept altogether ?

( I understand the process of downloading this latest version and installing
it manually. Just trying to understand and use the FreeBSD tools )

Thanks for any and all help,

Jim Wright

Columbus, Mississippi