Which freebsd for newer server?

Jason Lieurance jason at vipersystems.biz
Tue Sep 27 18:16:45 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have a dell poweredge 1425sc 1U server that's a few months old. It has dual zeons
w/HT. I tried at the time to install freebsd 5.3 and 5.4 on it but it would have a
fatal error with both randomly while running. I posted here and of the very few
problem. It's not any of the hardware because I loaded debian and it ran fine but I
want freebsd on it. I would think the lastest version 5.4 would work with new new
hardware but I'm thinking not and its really disappointing. Any suggestions for SMP
with new new hardware, 4.11 perhaps?

--
Jason