Tried everything to create a new slice...

Paul Clark paul at pclark.me.uk
Tue Sep 27 13:32:28 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a 6gb slice on a 10gb drive.  I want to make use of the unused 4gb by
creating a new
slice in it and mounting /home on it.

If I use sysinstall in multi or single user mode it says: "ERROR: Unable to
write data to
disk ad0!"

I have tried using the live cd but the keyboard map is wrong (I have no way
of inputting a /)
which makes it impossible to load sysinstall.

How can I create a new slice?
Also, will setting the mount point as /home automatically cause it to appear
in the place of
the symlink to /usr/home that is currently there or will there be something
more that I have
to do?

Thanks for any help.

Paul