mysql port install

eoghan freebsd at redry.net
Tue Sep 27 04:05:00 PDT 2005

Glenn Dawson wrote:

>>>   I had exactly the same problem you are having until i enabled it in
>>> rc.conf with mysql_enable="YES" .
>>>  Every time i started the mysql-server.sh i got the socket error. As
>>> soon as
>>> i enabled it in rc.conf , it worked fine.
>>

>> I have tried this, thanks. However im getting a This: not found
>> message/error. Im going to do a fresh install soon as I managed to
>> mess things up badly i think :) Im getting to know more and more what
>> im doing though (i think).
>> Thanks to everyone who replied.
>

> You should try and solve the problem if you can.  It's the best way to
> learn.
>
> Have you tried running the startup script like this:
>
> sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start
>
> -Glenn

Hi Glenn
Yes i have tried this and i get:
This: not found
I think there is something fundamentally wrong with my install? I
started acting up when i tried to do a sysintall upgrade which didnt
complete (perl and others wouldnt install for xorg i think). Ive learnt
a lot in the past few weeks though. and thanks for your help. i really
appreciate people helping out cos im really new at this. Dumped windows
for os x and got free bsd on my old windows machine to play with.
Eoghan